Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ok so I am slack!

I have been rather slack of late. Chalk it up to a combination of the following:

* Full on uni schedule
* Being away on exercise with work
* Personal issues that weigh on the mind

All of that has left me strangely with this lack of desire to share my thoughts with the world.

But I am back!!! Tonight's rant will be relatively short but hey, it's better than nothing.

The Voice.....As a concept I actually quite enjoy this show. I enjoy the american version a little more than the australian, though I think the talent in season 1 was better than the season 2 talent (just my opinion). But what irritates me about the australian version of the show is that some of the competitors that have been selected are even on there.

Why on earth is Guy Sebastian's brother, or Jimmy Barnes' daughter allowed to go on a show like this. If I worked for a company, like Coke, and they were running a competition - not only can I not compete in the competition but generally neither can my family. So why on earth are people who have connections with the music industry, or experience in it already at reasonably high levels, be allowed on a singing show where they are essentially taking the place of someone who doesn't have those contacts??

Personally I think it's wrong. I don't think they should be allowed to participate in the show when they are already at an advantage over other contestants.

So - short and sweet but thats what I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment